Deputy Head Teacher (April 2018 Start)
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references will be required prior to offer and appointment.
The Noor ul Islam Trust is a Registered Charity based in London.
The Trust provides a whole range of service to the local community. Since 1990, when it opened its Head Office at High Road, Leyton, London E10, the Trust has provided the local, national and international community with welfare services.
Noor ul Islam Primary School started in September 2001. The school is 15 minute walk from Noor ul Islam Trust Head Office.
Noor ul Islam Primary School is a mixed one-form entry Independent Islamic Primary School with 160 pupils on roll and with a considerable waiting list.
Noor ul Islam Primary School is a dynamic, forward-looking Islamic school. 'To motivate every student to achieve their academic potential' is our ethos and we want every learner to achieve the best. We focus all our energies on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within an Islamic, caring and secure environment within the community.
We are looking for someone:
- Who appreciates the scope of a comprehensive Islamic education (Tarbiyyah) – the blend of Islamic morals & manners, academic achievement and sound Islamic belief.
- Has strong Islamic faith and will actively support and enhance the Islamic ethos of the school.
- Will be an outstanding classroom practitioner and professional role model
- Will be dedicated to excellence in education and have high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
- Will have leadership and management experience within primary schools
- Will be able to challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practise
- Will be committed to working with pupils, staff and parents to raise standards
We will offer you:
- An Islamic school that truly has pupils with observable exemplary Islamic behaviour, who are keen to learn, and are proud of being part of Noor Ul Islam
- A proactive governing body with diverse professional backgrounds, which provide the right balance of support and challenge
- Engaged parents who care about their children’s education and support the school’s Islamic ethos and ambitions
- The opportunity to be part of an established Islamic organisation that is dedicated to meeting the educational and religious needs of the community.
- Highly effective and hardworking staff
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 28th February 2018
How to Apply: Please complete the application form in full and return to email@example.com
Please use the links below to view the Person Specification, Job Description, Candidate information Handbook & Application Form.